Thursday 3 September 2015

Chocolate Hobnob Biscuits

It's been a bit quiet around here, hasn't it?! It's not that I have been super busy but rather the mind's been a bit preoccupied and honestly, before I knew it, the days have just gone by! I've even had a few posts in mind but they've just remained stuck right there..in my mind! I've had the time, the inspiration, the kitchen to myself and yet, for reasons that remain unknown I've just stayed away from the kitchen.
 
And then this week, as it always happens, I wanted to pre-heat the oven again. Just like that! So, to ease back into the groove with things, I decided first up to fill up the biscuit jar that's been lying empty for way too long.

 
I saw these biscuits on Izy's blog a few days back and I knew had to bake them. For no other reason than nostalgia. Chocolate-coated Hobnobs and chocolate-coated Digestives have kept me company through many an exam and late night project submission deadlines. And for some reason, I always chose the dark chocolate ones over their milk chocolate peers. Well, the reasoning was that the virtues of dark chocolate would counter the evils of excessive and stress induced snacking. The mind's ability to twist logic around to validate our decisions is simply genius!!


But, coming back to these biscuits that I baked. Hobnobs are oat-based biscuits and this recipe is brilliant. There is no white sugar, no white flour, no eggs and they taste even better than the shop bought ones. You could leave out the chocolate topping but I advise against that. The chocolate completes it. And with the Indian climate, store them in the fridge. Hobnobs taste better when cold.
 
You should hopefully see some more activity on this blog in the coming weeks. In the meanwhile, I hope you've been well..xx!
 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chocolate Hobnob Biscuits

The recipe I had used is from Izy's blog, 'Top with Cinnamon'. You can find the recipe at this link.
 
My Notes:
 
This is mainly for readers in India on sourcing ingredients.
  • The recipe uses golden syrup and I did not have any. Instead, I used the same amount of jaggery (gur) which I gently melted in a small saucepan (do not stir it) and then added it to the butter-sugar mixture.
  • I used demerara sugar for the recipe.
  • For the oats, I used 'Quaker's' and for the wholemeal flour, I used 'atta'.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Bina!! These were super simple..and barely took much time to put together!!

      Delete
  2. drool worthy.... :) .. I wish I could get hold of them ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so irresistible with that shiny chocolate on top. love cookies with my evening coffee and must make some of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sayantani! Shiny chocolate tops are always irresistible... and hide a million faults too!! have a lovely weekend!!

      Delete
  4. I know that feeling exactly! Happens with me too...on and off. But good you decided to refill the jar cause those looks quite delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kankana.. although lately on this blog.. its been more off than on!! it's not like I don't have posts formulated in my head.. am just being plain lazy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...